X.Org BoD meeting minutes 2015-04-29

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu Apr 30 18:26:41 EDT 2015

These are the meeting minutes the X.Org Board of Directors [1] meeting.
Minutes and IRC logs are published on the wiki [2, 3].

The X.Org board meets every two weeks on Thu/Fri (depending on your
timezone) in the #xf-bod IRC channel on irc.oftc.net. Please refer to the
X.Org Google calendar [3] for time and date of the next meeting.

For any issues that need to come to the attention of the board please email
me or board at foundation.x.org and we will add it to the agenda for the next

[1] http://wiki.x.org/wiki/BoardOfDirectors
[2] http://wiki.x.org/wiki/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries
[3] http://www.x.org/wiki/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs

== Disclaimer ==
Best efforts are made to ensure the below is accurate and valid. However,
errors sometimes happen. If any errors or omissions are found, please bring
them to my or the board's attention.

== Attendees ==
    Alex Deucher, Peter Hutterer, Matt Dew,
    Egbert Eich, Keith Packard, Rob Clark

    Daniel Vetter, Martin Peres

== Summary ==
GSoC has 6 accepted projects - congratulations to the students.

SPI vote is to be re-run in the near future.

== Items discussed ==
ITEM: expo.x.org
Trying to figure out who has physical access to the machine and a migration
strategy of where to move it to.
ACTIONS: Egbert E to investigate migration options
STATUS: Pending

We have 6 accepted projects:
1. Convert the BOCHS and CIRRUS drivers to atomic mode-setting 
2. Atomic counters support for llvmpipe including computer shader interactions
3. Range analysis pass, and porting optimization passes to Mesa's NIR 
4. Apitrace: Add support for performance counters in the profiling view
5. Freedreno support on Android with DRM/KMS based Hardware Composer
6. OpenCL image support for the r600 gallium driver

Congratulations to the students and mentors!
STATUS: Complete

ITEM: SPI vote
We're planning to re-vote on the SPI changes, based on the low participation
in the last election but the high approval of the changes.
A couple of (expected to be minor) changes to the bylaws are proposed, they
need to be voted on by the board.
ACTION: Martin P to send proposed changes to the board list
STATUS: Pending

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 181 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://foundation.x.org/archives/members/attachments/20150501/503bc80c/attachment.pgp>

More information about the members mailing list