X.Org BoD meeting minutes 2016-03-03

Egbert Eich eich at freedesktop.org
Fri Mar 4 06:47:25 UTC 2016

These are the meeting minutes the X.Org Board of Directors [1] meeting.
Minutes and IRC logs are published on the wiki [2, 3].

The X.Org board meets every two weeks on Thu/Fri (depending on your
timezone) in the #xf-bod IRC channel on irc.oftc.net. Please refer to the
X.Org Google calendar [3] for time and date of the next meeting.

For any issues that need to come to the attention of the board please email
me or board at foundation.x.org and we will add it to the agenda for the next

[1] http://www.xorg-foundation.org/wiki/BoardOfDirectors
[2] http://www.xorg-foundation.org/wiki/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries
[3] http://www.xorg-foundation.org/wiki/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs
== Disclaimer ==
Best efforts are made to ensure the below is accurate and valid. However,
errors sometimes happen. If any errors or omissions are found, please bring
them to my or the board's attention.

## Attendees

Matt Dew,
Peter Hutterer,
Alex Deucher,
Egbert Eich,
Keith Packard,
Rob Clark,
Martin Peres,

Daniel Vetter

[Peter had to deal with other business in parallel while the meeting went on,
so Egbert stepped in doing the minutes]

## Summary

Agenda: BoD Election, Expo Replacement, DNS GLUE Records, XDC, GSOC, GSOC/Evoc Payments

DNS resolution has been fixed temporarily so x.org is resolved, but final solution
still pending.

## Items discussed

[[!format txt """
ITEM: Election
ACTIONS: Peter: Emails were sent out, reminder for nomination period were sent
STATUS: Ongoing

ITEM: Expo Replacement
ACTIONS: Rob Clark: Everything was moved over, some issues with MoinMoin still to be
	 looked at. Will probably not be able to work on it until getting back from
	 the Linaro conference.
STATUS:  Ongoing

ITEM: DNS Glue Records
ACTIONS: Egbert: There was some confusion about the correct addresses communicated
	 to Leon Shiman as Admin, fixed now, correctness confirmed by Daniel Stone
	 last Sunday. However until the meeting, records were not resolved correctly.
	 Oddly, Google resolves them correctly.
ACTION ITEMS: Egbert to check again the next day and get in touch with Leon again.
STATUS: Pending

ACTIONS: Martin: Not much new. Next thing to do: find hotel recommendation and
	 plan social event (for Saturday) so that people can start booking their trips.
ACTION ITEM: Martin to check for hotels and social event
STATUS: Pending

ACTIONS: Martin: x.org got accepted as an org, wayland did as well. Wayland, as a
	 new org, is limited to 2 slots. Encourage people to apply to both orgs.
	 Possible, but each applicant can only one project accepted at the end.
	 Waiting for students to show up.
STATUS:  Ongoing

ITEM:    GSOC/EVOC Payments
ACTIONS: No news.
STATUS:  Pending


More information about the members mailing list